Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Anniversary of Grandpa's Passing

My Grandpa passed one year ago on August 28th. There are so many things I miss about him. The inappropriate jokes, his laugh (at his own jokes), the smell of his aftershave in the morning, the feel of his arms, and more than anything how important I felt when I was around him.
My favorite picture of us because I can still remember the feel of his arms and the smell of his aftershave. The smile he has on is perfect because it says that I am perfect to him.
Melissa, Pat, and I with Grandpa.

Grandpa really enjoyed the girls. He use to take them out to the pasture and hit golf balls with them or they would feed the cows. Later when they were older they went on two camping trips with him.
I know everyone has to leave at some point but I wish I just had one more moment. I would have liked one more hug. Just one more card game. One more morning.



1 comment:

Laura and Joe said...

you made me a bit misty eyed!! I know what you mean Leah about wanting one more morning, one more moment. My grandmother passed away and 3 years later my brother moved into his house. I opened her closet to clean it out and I could smell her: combination of parfume, and face cream, absolutely lovely... wish I could have bottled that up.