Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Our First (and last) puppy :)


We adopted from a shelter in Yakima our first puppy. There was a lot of thought put into this decision but even with that we could have been more prepared. Lauren named Lola on first sight. We bounced between Ruby and Lola but decided on Lola. First night was so difficult with the crying and I was up every hour. The second night I emailed Aimie and informed her I was driving back to Yakima on Sunday if this does not go better. I spent that night reading a puppy book and it did get better. I will say there is a reason that breeders do not recommend puppies to families with children under 5 years of age. I told myself that is for people with hyper children and Nathan was such a calm child but he still runs in the house -which he did not do before. I can not get him to stop running or to not put his hands up in the air. Next time I would listen and wait. Lola is about 16 weeks old 24 lbs and is a chewer. She is a good listener, potty trained quickly, good eater, likes walks but will not pee or poop outside our back yard. Thom and kids are so happy. Lola only has a problem with car rides.

No comments: