Thursday, October 23, 2014

Summer:
We had a great summer!

Disneyland ended with Dad flying back a day earlier than planned :( We stayed and played with Auntie Aimie and family. Lauren conquered her fear and went on the screamer with her sister Hollie! Nate we were able to put tissue in his socks to give him that last 1/4 inch and went on the Cars ride. It was a full day and by the end I got heat exhaustion and we called it a day by 6pm. 

Nathan still talks about Disneyland.

We also went with the extended family to Leavenworth Wa. Aunt Melissa and I took all the older children horseback riding- uneventful :) Nathan loved the large helicopters that would dip in the river behind the house Nana rented and lift up slowly to dump the water on the fire. Worst dinner was the mexican restaurant in which there was no fried food and best despite the wait was the italian dinner. Lauren was completely bored and Hollie elected not to go chose to work.

Denny Creek was so much fun and we have missed being a part of this the last two years. It is by far the Girls favorite camp ground. Our family met up with Dale's and Clay's family. Best part was watching Hollie, Lauren and Thom go down the natural water slide in Glacier water! Thank goodness Nate was too young or else I would be expected to participate:) I took video- they were all giggling and so happy. Thom and I took Nate to the base of the 1mile hike water fall. The girls did their own thing with Alexa and Ryan. Robbi and I sat on the river and talked while enjoying the sun and beauty of the surroundings. Thom and Nate built Rock people and then would throw rocks at it to knock it over.

Thom and I took Nate to Auntie Aimie's Summer Camp out with several of her family friends and so many small children. Nate had a great time and slept well on our air mattress. We did smores and ate well. On the drive up our car over heated and we were stuck in bellevue for 2 hours. Nate and I had ice cream and Dad called triple A -4 hour wait and fixed the car- He is such a help.

We got family pictures done with Jessica and they turned out fantastic.

I spent most the summer golfing with Veronica and spending time with kids and friends. My 40th birthday was so much fun. I went golfing with Melissa mom veronica and the girls Hollie, Lauren, and Maddy. We went out to lunch and Thai :) My favorite the that evening I went out with friends Britany Yo Julie  from work we had champagne, appetizers,pedicures and the dinner! Saturday Thom and I met up with Aimie and Jon we went out to lunch in Seattle and played mini golf-laughed a ton. Sunday at my moms house with immediate family.

I am now a Certified Pediatric Emergency Nurse

We finally found our puppy and ohhh what an adventure that has been. She is very sweet her name is Lola. She learns quickly and loves to be pet. She will lay on your lap to be pet. She never jumps on furniture but is enjoying the taste of both the rug and the carpet when we are not in the room. I hate puppy classes and often feel like a failure but she does sit and respond to training. We are doing our best to ensure that she is well trained but there are some days I am crying to Aimie "Why didn't I listen when people said they do not recommend puppies with children under 5" My trainer says I "I trained two puppies with my small children" uggh!

Hollie after a rough spring quarter with Chemistry has decided to hold on pursuing Vet Tech degree and we are focusing on AA transfer degree. Hollie is working hard at college and is really doing well in her current Anthropology class. This is the first class that she comes home every day and talks about what she learned. She also has enrolled in Karate. She is so excited to go to each class and is really enjoying the movements. She will be the last one to turn 21 of her friends and we are thinking her party will be at Teatro zanzini? Hollie is not interested in boys at this time. She is my biggest helper around the house and a joy to be around.

Lauren - She went to Cheer camp in July and loved it. She said the dorm rooms at Central Wa university are huge and the girls would have a dance party every night:) They decorated their rooms. She tried to apply for several jobs but unfortunately was not able to get a job due to her tight schedule with Medical explorers(as vice president), soccer, and cheer. She has been cheering at football games - Fife won the Homecoming game and her friend Nate was elected to Homecoming court.
Cabbage patch -lauren went over to Kianna's and stayed up all night decorating senior posters, they had breakfast at 0300 at Dennys and then decorated the school at 0600. Lauren and a few girls went back to a class room and slept for one hour. Kris Treece offered her a job last night as a barista at Starfire - a soccer complex ! Her chance of meeting and spending time with Brad Evans may just happen :)

Nathan: Loved hiking this last summer and has really grown. We have our I love you game - where I say an item I love about him and he repeats it back to me. He likes to rub the side of my face. We read like a hundred books at a time. Thom and Nate spend hours changing hot wheel tracks. Thom is super inventive having the hot wheels go off and inbetween furniture creates jumps. Nate and I play City where we get his fire station gas station etc and set up a city usually a fire breaks out and the ambulance has to take the injured person (car) to the hospital where mommy performs surgery and saves them. Nate started preschool at All Saints. First three weeks were tears by the third week I was crying -then he adapted finally. As of October the teacher says she is now seeing his little personality. When I go to pick him up they are single file Nate usually in the back smiling and waving with his finger shh  to remind me to be quiet. They high five the teacher and then Nate always runs into my arms - I am hoping this lasts a bit. I miss him terribly when he is at school. Nate had croup for 3 days in August and got to sleep in bed with Mom - Dad was kicked to the couch- he was a good sport about this.








No comments: