Monday, June 24, 2013

Family vacation 2013

Patrick his girlfriend Krystal, Melissa  and Chris out in Chelan.

 I love that once a year mom gets us together. Siblings can tend to drift and get wrapped up in their own lives. I expect that this becomes harder with age as we all become grandparents. Really It is wonderful to sit around and talk about how we grew up. I find it helpful since I have a terrible long term memory. Telling jokes and laughing. I would have done a few things different growing up with these two. Favorite part of the weekend was when Pat and Melissa were playful bantering back and forth and mom told them to knock it off and I said I was not sitting in the middle:) to any other sibling peacekeepers - I have spent so much time sitting in between these two :) it was fun and I plan to do a family vacation once a year as well :)

1 comment:

Aimie Hunter said...

Looks like a great time! I love how your mom gets all of you together--something I hope to replicate when my kids are grown. Good for her (and you) for seeing the value in these vacations.