Sunday, July 7, 2013

My own down falls

I will be participating in the Ragnar run in less than 15 days. I am not ready by any means and have a fair amount of anxiety about letting my team down. I have several projects that I need to complete at work with another upcoming meeting fast approaching. I also have anxiety about. I am so afraid of failing or letting others down that I do not complete the task and make excuses. I have normally kept this under check however in the last year it seems to be worse. Why do I feel that I have to do it perfectly? I have no idea. It is frustrating. Then to watch Lauren also have the same issue? How did she learn this from me? Ugh need to develop a plan to change this behavior. I have looked into some behavior therapists for Lauren and then some one for me. The funny thing is -I dont want to be perfect or the example? I just want to be fun, relaxed, and carefree.

1 comment:

Aimie Hunter said...

I think fear of failure is part of life. It shows that you are trying. It is when you quit trying and participating that you have a problem. I am proud of you for having the courage to run the race and commit. I don't have that courage and would never attempt it. Good going!