Thursday, August 27, 2009

My 35th Birthday

Sunday I went over to a friends house for brunch, her home is so warm and inviting. I was able to relax and have a wonderful time, rare I know. Veronica on top of providing brunch bought a cake to celebrate my birthday. I have never felt so special.

The next day was my official 35th birthday. Thom the sweetheart and the kids planned a surprise party! I of course not knowing decided I didn't want to work on my birthday. I got out of work early and came home. According to Thom the kids freaked out through out the day as I challenged every plan he made. So he left to take the girls to Golf and I stayed home. I cleaned the house from top to bottom. I usually would be upset that this is how I spent my birthday but I have not had time in the last 3months. Thom finally got home around 2pm he helped clean up and I decided I did not need a cake. So I asked him if we could do something else. He had scheduled us for wine tasting at 5pm it was twenty minutes after five and we hadn't left yet. According to him we had dinner reservations at 6pm. I told him we needed to skip wine tasting and get dressed to go to dinner. Thom being the quick thinker said that the plan was to go wine tasting and pick out a nice wine for our upcoming anniversary. I of course ate that line right up. We went out wine tasting, picked out a great wine, and left to pick up the kids for dinner. I spent the drive trying to talk him out of picking up the kids. My thought was we were already late so we could get dinner ourselves and just bring something home for the kids. Thom said no we are picking up the kids so I called ahead to make sure they were dressed and out front. We pull up the kids are not out front! I try to send Thom in to get them but he made up some lame excuse why I have to come. I eventually bought it. I opened the door and there are the kids NOT dressed! They were excited and said you've got to come and see this. I am thinking that they did the dishes (whoopee). I came around the corner to find my wonderful friends all standing there.
My other partner in life, Aimie.
The best girls in the world Kris,Robbie, and Stacy.

They brought potluck style over, we ordered pizza. I had such a wonderful time! The guys did come over as well but I was so busy I did not get many pictures. This was my best birthday ever all my friends took time out of their schedule to come over. They all worked during the day, Robbie had not even gone home yet. Aimie spent all day with small children dragging them to appointments and then drove down from Seattle. I am so amazed at my husband most of all. We have been together 13+ years and I never thought he could surprise me. I am amazed at how thoughtful this all was. I am very lucky to have a husband who has listened to all my different requests over the years. I love him and the girls so very much.



No comments: