Monday, May 23, 2011

Grandparent visit

Grandma Rizzo came for a visit to see Nathan! I love that my grandmother is so active in my children's lives! There really are not many benefits to being a young family but this is one. My grandma and I have a special bond. Grandparents are so important they love you unconditionally, they spoil you, they always have time to read a story or play with your hair. They capture moments that as a parent I may overlook. I love that my children not only get grandparents but also have a wonderful relationship with their great grandparents. My grandpa took them to play golf and would walk out in the pasture with them. I can clearly remember Hollie and Lauren standing on the white fence one on either side of grandpa. They must have stood out there talking about who knows what for 20-30 minutes. I was doing dishes and just watching how they interacted. Anyways obviously missing my grandpa.
Grandma Rizzo held Nathan until her shoulder (just had surgery) became sore. She said he was beautiful but didn't say who he looks like.
Oh and Grandma Rizzo above is letting her gray show now!
Nana with Nathan! So cute aren't they? Nana was kind enough to bring Grandma Rizzo over to see Nathan and for Mothers Day.
Opa with Nathan! He really wanted another grandson in the family up until now it was just Chris. Who I must say is a pretty cool grandkid. He is highly intelligent with a wicked sense of humor that he gets from his dad. It was a wonderful visit.

No comments: