Saturday, May 22, 2010

San Francisco

I went to San Francisco for a Pediatric Nursing Conference with Elizabeth Kim and Veronica Cooper. I had never been to San Fran before.... It is a lot like Seattle. The fishermans warf was not any where near as nice as Pike Place and our Piers. The Shopping however was wonderful. I went to Hermes and found a 6,ooo dollar dress(oh I wish). I did buy the girls some bracelets from the Kate Spade store. Here is the best part Seattle for the four days was sunny 70+ San Fran all I can say is I bought the white coat you see below. My favorite dinner was at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. the entire experience was based on the movie Forrest Gump. Best customer service you would put a red license plate up that said, "stop forrest stop." Immediately someone (anyone) would stop, I could go on but it would just bore you. The conference was good esp. Friday learned all sorts of Nursing stuff. I met some nice people from all over but no long term connections. I tend to be picky when it comes to friends.
Elizabeth Kim and I in front of China town entrance. We ate at the most interesting cafe shocked that I did not get food poisoning. The server was setting the tables holding each item by the fork prongs and tops of the glasses. We did see a Chinese funeral while we were there. They have the slow procession down the middle of the main street with a full band and large picture of the deceased. That was interesting.
Friday after the conference we did a little shopping and then Veronica and I took off to catch a baseball game. The Giants happen to be playing the Padres while we were down there. The fans were dressed head to toe in Giants gear. The Stadium was beautiful.

This is the fans in the water trying to catch home runs hit over the wall. I can not believe how cold it was but they were all out there trying for one home run ball.
Veronica Cooper and I at the game.

I enjoyed seeing the city, spending time with friends and attending the conference but more than anything I missed my family and was thankful to get home.

No comments: