Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lauren's Track season

I did not do a good job taking pics this season. Lauren started off competing in the 4x 200, 4x100, 100meter dash, and the 200. I believe she had some valuable life lessons during this season. There was a girl named Mackenna who would go out of her way to make Lauren feel unwelcome. Lauren had to learn to stand up for herself. I do believe that we started learning this task but we do have to master it a bit more. Lauren was affected by this girl and her times started slipping. She would place top 5 for the 100 consistantly but was removed from the 200. She was also taken off the relay team for 4x 200 but finished the season on the 4x 100 in top 3. We also learned that competing with yourself is important for self growth and never to settle on the track or in life. I believe in Lauren's natural athletic ability. She will go far in life and I love her sooo much. Hope she gives track another go.

No comments: