Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers day

My last hour of Mothers day. I tried something new this year no presents I asked everyone for a letter with one memory from the year that meant something to them. I plan to keep them in a journal. I realized that it is so difficult to find some meaningful present each year when you have a mom that can pretty much just go buy what they want. I also want my girls to realize that making a memorable moment on a special day is more important than how much money they spend. The girls did a great job and it was interesting to see what they remember from this last year.

I did go to the mall to buy some new clothes with the girls, Thom took Nate. I have dropped some weight and I think the girls are tired of me borrowing their clothes. It was probably not the way I would spend mothers day in the future, but was o.k. The girls were really patient as I went through like a 100 outfits. Then I lost the car keys. We spent an hour looking. blahhhhh.

Backyard BBQ with Mom and family. We brought lobster-yep a little expensive? I am proud that I did refrain from buying an extra mothers day gift when I found out that her basket will not be ready until June 1st. I am trying to be more mindful of the budget we have set.

Hollie's Graduation is fast approaching, praying that she has guidance on the road that lies ahead, for Lauren to be confident in her self and her abilities. I pray that Nathan continues to be blessed with good health and for Thom to get the full time drivers position so he can go back to weekends off.

Goal for the next mothers day is to be supportive and have girls who do their own laundry? :)

No comments: