Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Melissa's Baby Shower

Decor

The food was balsamic and blue cheese steak, strawberry/blueberry/pecan salad, fruit dip, fondue, pepper/humus, cake.

The cake.

Blessed by friends and family

A friend from Nursing school

My girls acting goofy

trying to influence Nate to act goofy.

Playing with Amelia? or torturing her?

Some of the cousins

Melissa and my kids.

Shower was held on the only day Melissa had available, we work opposite weekends at the same hospital. I was unable to get the day off and obviously couldn't fake and illness. I arranged to take mandatory education in order to get the time off. We planned the shower for late in the afternoon. I had help from a friend to make some of the details and of course my kids and Kris cleaned and started setting up since I had to work until an hour before the event. Everything went pretty smooth considering my work week. Nana picked up the cake for me. We played the Celebrity baby match and guessed how many toliet paper squares around her belly. The clothes pin game where you can not say the word baby was the best. Amelia my sisters daughter did everything she could to get people to say the word baby. She did end up winning the game. I had more fun watching her clever tricks. So two days later I post pics from the event..  :( I forgot to add family to the guest list. So it started out I thought I just didn't have a correct email for kelly but then when I went to check the old evite I did not invite any family. My grandma, mom, melissa, kelly and joanne. Oh and then I had the wrong address for April. So the party I thought went so well turned out to have major flaws. So lesson learned .... don't over commit, dont try so hard to throw a perfect party with out help, don't try to prove to your mom that you have this when you don't, and for heaven sakes do not have two evite contact lists labeled family and friends.

No comments: